Starting today I am going to revive what I’ve neglected for months: Sharing a curated weekly collection of things I love. What is different is what and how I’m sharing it. Less is more so often in life and I’ve learned that it applies to what I do on She Stole My Style (in addition to the thousands of other places it applies in life). The format of these posts is re-designed to be easy to read and open: It’s a short and sweet bulleted list with links that will take you directly to the content.
So what motivated me to revamp and reinvigorate this style of post? You. Wickedly smart, successful and busy women that don’t always have the luxury of time to scroll Facebook because it’s 11PM and you got home from work at 6, made dinner for 7, did bedtime or laundry and/or whatever else needs to get done and now it’s 10:30PM and you’re tired. I get it. When you choose sleep over Facebook, TMZ and The Globe and Mail, I understand. So well rested as you may (or not) be, that means that you still aren’t Magic Make More Hours in the Day Woman and everything unread and unwatched is still just that. But then you are at a cocktail party and after you are done discussing the consequences of a pipeline not being approved the conversation moves to asking one another if you have seen that viral TED talk that’s making it rounds online and you have no idea what they are talking about. While I might not share that same viral video, I will include something else that you can transition the conversation to (hopefully) seamlessly. This curated weekly email is a list of articles, videos and products I find interesting and think are worth sharing that touch style, politics, leadership and beauty and a wrap-up of posts that I’ve written for that week. I really hope you love it, share it and find it useful. So, let’s begin!
- The leopard and black Poppy Barley strappy sandals you see in the photo above are now mine. They were on sale and I had a coupon for an extra $25 off. Impossible to resist.
- Contouring not your thing? Me neither. Which is why you need to learn how to reverse contour. It’s written by Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner and features Busy Phillips so that pushes its interesting factor up by 100%.
- Status quo got you feeling overwhelmed? This article might leave you with more questions than answers and that’s a good thing.
- I’m going to be wearing this lovely red Banana Republic blazer next week at the Liberal Party of Canada Biennial Convention in Winnipeg. It’s 40% off now through Monday so get yours before they are all gone!
- Read how Amy Schumer’s Trainwreck helped kill off talented writer Nora McInerny Purmort’s imposter syndrome.
- Tassels. Move over tassel earrings and necklaces as you are no longer super trendy. Tassel keychains have taken your territory.
- Want to do more than the same old filters on Instagram. This is the article for you.
- Need to just calm the fuck down? Remind yourself to do just that with this lovely print. I’ve already ordered mine.
- I went down a short rabbit hole on Facebook and it led me to this hilarious and smart (smart like the British funny smart AND smart like the North American smart) TEDx video with James Vetch. It’s laugh out loud funny.