Photo via: Aldo.
This week was a busy one and I don’t think that I am the only person rejoicing the fact that it’s Friday. It still feels like I am almost done catching up on sleep after depriving myself of it last weekend in Winnipeg. This weekend is going to be full of Persian food, volunteering and a baby shower. And I’m trying a new fitness studio in Kensington (a neighbourhood in Calgary) that uses kettlebells in its workouts. I’ve tried a lot of gyms and fitness classes since moving to Calgary but nothing has stuck. I think that it mainly has to do with the fact that I attended BDHQ in Victoria which is hands down the best gym. It’s where I showed up for what I thought was my first small group class at some ungodly hour (no joke, it was something like 5AM) only to discover I either had the wrong day or time and instead did a full kettlebell class. After which I remember not being able to sit down without holding on to something for at least two days. The joys of working out! I realize I’m getting off topic and am now going to steer both myself and you back to the purpose of this post: This week’s Style My Style Cheat Sheet.
- The Aldo Warwick clutch that Sophie Grégoire Trudeau used on her trip to Washington DC and I blogged about here is on sale!
- This is your viral video for the week featuring David Schwimmer, James Corden and Rebel Wilson. “Your rhymes are non-existent like my inner thigh gap.”
- Shoulders are the new breasts apparently. Maybe it’s an Australian thing? I enjoyed typing that though.
- Glamour UK is jumping the gun with a post on Autumn/Winter 2016 trends. Here are two of my favourites and two misses.
- Who else grew up watching Marliyn Dennis? She is a Canadian TV staple and her Friday fashion segments on her previous network were must-watch IMO. Watch this video on how to incorporate spring trends in to your wardrobe including an appearance by a Canadian Tuxedo that goes a little too far.
- Israel and Palestine politics are extremely complicated. One hair salon in the middle of it all brings women together over blowouts.
- Rainbow sushi. It’s a thing and it’s pretty incredible. Here’s how to make it yourself.
It’s hard to beat rainbow sushi so this is where I am going to end it for this week. Happy Friday!