I have decided to move the Style Cheat Sheet weekly post to Monday because I think it better fits with my aim of arming ladies with intel to get them through the work week and weekend rather than starting with the weekend and finishing with the week. Something to look forward to each and every Monday!
- Jumpsuits are the new cocktail dress. If now only I could fit one that doesn’t give me toe.
- Aerie model Iskra Lawrence is gorgeous and had a message to share with her body shaming critics. (This story is a little dated but I just discovered it and I think it’s worth sharing again because frankly the message is timeless.) There is a picture from Iskra’s Instagram below where you can read her words for yourself.
✨?I'm sorry I couldn't help myself…This is for anyone who has ever been called FAT. Thanks for the inspirational words on a recent pic @zseanzbrown ?? "Fat cow. It's only cus every F****r on this planet is obese that that's the norm… Plus-size models? give me a F*****g breaking. Everyone needs to stop eating McDonald's, the NHS is f****d because of people like her eating too many bags of crisps." Opinions are like arseholes – everyone's got one? thanks to the dream team for making this happen at work today ? by @ricktphoto @mandywinrow @nickigillonstylist
- Princess Beatrice received some negative social media for her outfit choice at the Queen’s 90th birthday service. Haters are going to hate. She obviously likes to make bold fashion statements and good on her. What I do find a little obscene is the cost considering how bold a fashion choice it is. Investment piece this is not.
- Who else needs a cup of coffee in the morning? Or sometimes afternoon? It is hard (and ridiculous) to keep on top of everything that is/isn’t supposed to cause cancer considering the contradictory scientific studies that roll out continuously but apparently coffee may now protect us from cancer.
- The new book Not Working by Lisa Owens is a new addition to my summer reading list. It’s written up as being about one woman not trying to have it all but figuring it out. I’m sold.
- Sadiq Khan, the new Mayor of London, England, announced a ban last week on subway advertising that features unrealistic and unhealthy body images. The move fulfills a campaign platform promise. The move is definitely conversation starting but I think a ban is the wrong way to go. How will you create real change in the fashion/beauty industries if you don’t address the issue, rather just hide it in a corner?
- My heart broke reading the words of Nora McInerny Purmort. In the span of a month and a half, she has a miscarriage and loses her father AND her husband. Her face should be beside the definition of strength in the dictionary.
- My newest bag. I snapped it up while it was on sale in black but I think this purple-grey colour is gorgeous too. Grey is going to be big this fall, ladies, take note now.
- I discovered Hobes shoes on Instagram and quickly decided I would like a pair. Made to be basically effortless and timeless while being super lightweight, these shoes are perfect for anything casual-isa (depending on which pair you get) and traveling. My favourite pair is the Boat Hobes. Should I get them for our trip to Japan?
- Will drinking a gallon of water day solve your skin drama?
- Did you miss my post last week on cleaning your brushes? It’s a commonly neglected task that you need to prioritize in your beauty regimen.
I hope you have a lovely week and that Friday comes quickly!